The mother of all healing drinks
Ingredients: blend together in a blender or Vitamix and juice it.
1 medium piece of peeled ginger, about 2 inches long (experiment with different amounts of this please due to oxalate content!)
1/2c coconut milk or any non-dairy milk of your choice
1 tsp coconut oil or any oil (improves absorption)
1 tbsp curcumin/resveratrol by Seeking Health (See Fullscript)
1 scoop Perfect Keto Vanilla Collagen powder (see link)
1 scoop Optimum GI Powder (see Fullscript)
Benefits of Ingredients:
- Ginger– it is a rhizome plant that has been used in medicine for 4700 years! IT is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent which can improve CVD, indigestion, immune system, respiratory function, and bacterial infections. “The Journal of Microbiology and Antimicrobials published a study in 2011 that tested just how effective ginger is in enhancing immune function. Comparing the ability of ginger to kill Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes with conventional antibiotics, Nigerian researchers discovered that the natural solution won every time!”
- Curcumin comes from the curcuma longa plant which grows in India and Southeast Asia. It has powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, pain killing, cholesterol lowering, blood sugar lowering properties. Curcumin has been shown to improve systemic markers of oxidative stress. In addition, it has been shown to benefit the kidneys (Hewlings & Kalman, 2017). While there appear to be countless therapeutic benefits to curcumin supplementation, most of these benefits are due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Many studies indicate that turmeric is extremely effective to arthritis and other pain related conditions. Despite its reported benefits via inflammatory and antioxidant mechanisms, one of the major problems with ingesting curcumin by itself is its poor bioavailability, which appears to be primarily due to poor absorption, rapid metabolism, and rapid elimination. As a result, is best taken with black pepper. According to a study, published in Planta Medica, taking turmeric in combination with black pepper, which contains piperine, improves turmeric absorbability throughout the entire body. They added 20mg of piperine to 2,000mg turmeric, and it increased the bioavailability of turmeric 154 percent! Turmeric can also reduce liver inflammation, stimulate bile flow and can influence carcinogen metabolism via detoxification. It also can stimulate phase 2 detoxification of your liver enzymes.
- Coconut– Medium chain fatty acid known for its caprylic acid, lauric acid and capric acid. It is a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial as it is able to penetrate the lipid walls of bacteria
and can kill H. pylori as well. It is a potent anti-fungal (thanks to lauric acid found in monolaurin) and can reduce candida and viruses. Coconut oil can also improve your energy and metabolism and can be used as fuel. Great for digestion and improves ulcerative colitis. If
coconut oil is taken at the same time as your omega 3 supplement, it can make them twice as effective, as they are readily available to be digested and used by the body.
Interesting notes in regards to UTI:
Coconut oil has been known to clear up and heal urinary tract infection and kidney infections. The MCFAs in the oil work as a natural antibiotic by disrupting the lipid coating on bacteria and
killing them. Research also shows that coconut oil directly protects the liver from damage. Coconut water also helps hydrate and support the healing process. Doctors have even injected coconut water to clear up kidney stones. Coconut is a powerful superfood, which is evident given all these tremendous coconut oil benefits. There are too many benefits to list, such as weight loss and periodontal health, so here is a link for you to check out yourself. I have been using Monolaurin myself with great success all around and even lost a few pounds! This stuff is great for your gut, and can improve bacteria and gut health by destroying bad bacteria and candida together! Dazzling duo!!!
- Resveratrol– Resveratrol possesses a wide range of biological properties, among them antioxidant, cardioprotective, neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory and anticancer activities. That
is enough to WOW anyone. The most well-known property of resveratrol is their capacity to act as a potent antioxidant. Numerous studies have demonstrated that resveratrol possesses antitumor
action and is a likely candidate for treatment and prevention several types of cancer. The phytoestrogen, resveratrol has received great attention as an upcoming preventive and therapeutic agent against breast cancer. Resveratrol has several neuroprotective roles and can
reduce some of the issues associated neuroinflammation. Resveratrol is associated with being able to reduce intestinal inflammation by down regulating inflammatory chemicals associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. Resveratrol, in addition to the above benefits, has been studied for its ability to inhibit the growth of some pathogenic microorganisms, such as Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and yeast such as Candida. It can also inhibit the growth of some pathogenic bacteria such as Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli, some of the major causes of bacterial gastroenteritis. In addition, resveratrol may increase ovarian follicular reserve and prolong ovarian life span, serving as a potential anti-aging agent.
- Collagen- I personally chose this collagen because the amazing vanilla flavor makes this drink so creamy, it has become a nightly dessert drink for my family! You get gut healing, antiinflammatory action and delicious and smooth enjoyment all in one! Much to the discontent of
collagen lovers everywhere, most of the gut microbiome and collagen research remains in its infancy. But there is some evidence that amino acids in collagen, specifically glycine, may reduce GI inflammation in conditions like irritable bowel syndrome and improve digestion. It
also has a pretty healthy amount of glutamine, which is an important amino acid for gut health as it’s like food for your colon cells. There are some studies that have found that people with IBS have diminished levels of collagen. Health collagen levels are associated with regulating stomach acid, healing intestinal wall and lining and possibly even the bladder lining!
Here is the one that I use!
- Optimum GI Powder– Optimum GI Powder offers comprehensive support for optimum gastrointestinal health and function. The lining of the gut must have proper permeability and integrity so it can not only absorb nutrients but also prevent toxins, allergens, and microbes from gaining access to the bloodstream. This product is formulated for those looking to support the GI mucosal lining. It contains 15 ingredients that can repair the mucosal lining, improve intestinal
function, improve nutrient absorption and regulate healthy bowel function. Consists of DGL, slippery elm, marshmallow, chamomile, okra extract and cat’s claw provide comprehensive
support of gut function by coating and soothing the intestinal lining. It may also help relax the intestines, which aids in alleviating occasional cramping. Aloe Vera to promote a variety of good bacteria in the gut.